I want to start teaching with an instructor permit. What are the requirements?

Licensing services and driving examinations

You can apply for an instructor permit at an Ajovarma service point. If you have an ID or a driving licence that is issued in an EU or EEA country, please bring it with you. In Traficom’s ‘How to obtain a driving licence for a passenger car – Instructions for teachers with an instruction permit’ guide, you will find a lot of additional information about the instruction permit. You can find the guide and other information at Traficom’s Ajokortti-info.fi website: Driving instructor permit (Traficom)
You can check in Traficom’s My e-Services whether you have already been granted the driving instruction permit you have applied for: Driver data and extracts from the Driving Licence Register (Traficom)

Frequently asked questions